Never Underestimate A Dirty Navel…

Navels come in a lot of different shapes and sizes. They are the result of the way the area heals after getting the umbilical cord extracted. There are two common shapes for a navel: the “innie” and the “outie.” 90% of the population has an innie type navel, and the other 10% has an outie, which means they’re simply carrying an extra scar.

One thing you can be sure of is that dirty navels aren’t cute. There are doctors that have even attended people that think they have skin cancer because they have a weird and nasty looking spot growing out of their belly buttons. Imagine the surprise and shame of those people when they discovered that what they thought it was cancer it was actually just YEARS OF DIRT.
dirt
The navel is one of the most neglected body parts when it comes to personal hygiene. You clean your ears, your neck, your armpits but somehow you always seem to forget that little space that used to be VITAL for you.

But, even those with the most severe hygiene habits transport hundreds of living bacteria living with them.

Your belly button needs to be cleaned just like all the other parts of the body, if you don’t do it you’ll definitely develop some unpleasant and unholy smells and infections. Besides the smells, you can get red, itchy and scabby skin or even this awful disgusting thing called umboliths¹.

Navel
A North Carolina State University team of researchers asked 66 men and women to swab their navels with a sterile Q-tip, the skin in study participants’ belly buttons contained 2,368 different species of bacteria, which is a heck of a lot of biological diversity. So to avoid neglecting this very important part of your body and developing an nest for bacteria, here are some simple steps for the right cleaning of your navel:

● Grab a Q-tip and fill it with some baby oil or water with soap.
● Put it in your belly buttons and start moving it in a circular way, all around being careful of not hurting yourself.

You can also do this using a cotton ball or a towel after you’re done with your shower.

References.

(1) http://m.yaaya.video/watch/e9QeScdjlhc

About the author

John Hatch - Senior Nutritional Researcher

A passion for natural health.  John Hatch has spent the last 15 years dedicated to researching and writing on natural health topics. Fueling his passion is a wife and two beautiful boys that he wants to see grow up healthy, happy and in a clean world.